Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Raspberry Brownie Cupcakes with Homemade White Chocolate Buttercream Icing

This is kind of a semi-homemade recipe.  I used prepackaged brownie mix but you could use your favorite brownie recipe. To save time, you could also make your own brownie mix. Just mix the dry ingredients together, put the recipe on the outside of the container and keep it in your pantry.



Raspberry Brownie Cupcakes
Ingredients:
2  packages brownie mix - I used Hershey's Ultimate Chocolate Brownie mix, I buy it at Sam's club
4  large eggs
1/2 c  water - You'll need 1/2c because of the extra dry ingredients
1c  oil
2 Tablespoons of raspberry jam - I used some I canned last year but you can use your favorite
1 large package of instant chocolate pudding

Preheat oven to 350*. Mix all the ingredients together. Divide into greased or lined cupcake tins. Bake at 350* for 35 min. Makes 24 cupcakes.

(Sorry for the crummy photo. I didn't realize it was so bad when I took it last night. This was before they were baked.)

White Chocolate Buttercream Icing
Ingredients:

6oz white bakers chocolate (roughly chopped)
2 sticks of butter (room temp)
1c powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Slowly melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 sec intervals. Cream butter, chocolate, and vanilla together. Slowly add the powdered sugar. Resist the urge to ice your cupcakes while warm. (like I did) and ENJOY!!



I really liked this recipe, but it just wasn't what I was craving last night. The icing was great, not too sweet and it really tasted like white chocolate. But I didn't want brownies I wanted something a little more cupcakey.

One of the best parts was they only took maybe 10-15 min to throw together! I was able to make these during the commercials for one of my favorite shows. 

Regardless they are delicious I couldn't wait for them to cool so I frosted them while they were still warm and I ate 2!! YUMMY!!

1 comment: