This recipe is a lot like my Ratatouille, but the taste is very different.
Its easy, quick and definitely comfort food without the calories. Serves 6
3 adults and 2 kids. (one of the adults had seconds)
Aprox. 175 cal per serving (not including the mashed potato's)
- 1lb ground lamb (we used Romney which has a more delicate flavor but you could use whatever you have)
- 2 Cups baby carrots - cut in half
- 1 small yellow squash - diced into bite sized pieces
- 2 small zucchini - also diced into bite sized piece
- 1 can of diced tomato's 14.5oz (you could use 1.5 Cups of fresh)
- 1 packet of onion mushroom soup mix
Brown lamb in medium pot 3-5 min.
While the lamb is browning, start your mashed potato's.
Drain the fat, add the soup packet and carrots to the lamb.
Continue cooking until the carrots are just barley fork tender, then add the rest of the diced vegetables and the can of tomato's.
Cook 3-5 min. until the veggies are soft but not mushy. Serve in bowls with mashed potato's on top.
Sorry there's no picture of this with the mash potato's. This was so good we inhaled it. There was no talking, no how was your day, just shoveling it in as fast as we could.